Goal: Master the fundamental footwork and mechanics for properly shooting a layup.
What You Do:
- Start in the ‘ready’ (triple-threat) position with no basketball.
- Right-hand layup: On coach’s signal, take a step with the right foot, then step with the left foot
- Drive your right knee up and jump off the left foot, making a shooting motion with your right hand
- Repeat until half court, then turn around and come back doing left-hand layup footwork
- Left-hand layup: On the coach’s signal, take a step with the left foot, then step with the right foot.
- Drive your left knee up and jump off the right foot, making shooting motions with your left hand.
- Repeat until baseline